The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Constant MYALERTS_PLUGIN_PATH already defined - Line: 18 - File: inc/plugins/myalerts.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/myalerts.php 18 define
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 235 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key " unreadAlerts " - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/myalerts.php(589) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/myalerts.php(589) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/myalerts.php 589 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 myalerts_global_start
/global.php 100 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined variable $announcements - Line: 44 - File: inc/plugins/bam.php(376) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/bam.php(376) : eval()'d code 44 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/bam.php 376 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 bam_announcements
/global.php 100 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 38 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

The Spame Forum Experience
First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - Printable Version

+- The Spame Forum Experience (https://forums.spamerica.net)
+-- Forum: Non Bird-Related Discussion (https://forums.spamerica.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Video Games & other Media (https://forums.spamerica.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread (/showthread.php?tid=38)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - csp - 04-13-2016

Capturing pets on WoW

There's just so many of them!

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - Inseln - 04-13-2016

I haven't yet sunk that low.

Considering the time between content patches tho (My workmate got married, knocked up, and had her kid all within the HFC patch like the fuck) I may soon™.

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - grue - 04-13-2016

i might get back to wow when or if the workload drops

also Ive tried The Witness last night and ouch, my brain. it's a puzzle game, like literally you jjump from puzzle to puzzle. it's WAY more inventive than you'd be lead to believe looking at gameplay footage.

the main gimmick is the sort of "maze" puzzle where you draw a line on a grid through the right path start to finish. all puzzles are like this and they inrease in complexity and difficulty. it's a 3d first person game, beautiful graphics btw, you're stuck on an island and you explore it. everything is very abstract. there's no "story" in the traditional sense. there are statues of people laying about, i think you're supposed to interpret their positioning and symbolism, but so far everything is going over my head.

you discover small audio logs consisting of voice recordings, a man and a woman reading quotes. there's also an easter egg room where you unlock videos of people giving speeches. both the quotes and the speeches, so far, adress the path of rationality and science as a human drive to mental clarity, and also existential considerations on life, death, etc. I'm thinking that there's no correlation between the different soundbites, rather they build ambience and introspection, almost as if the game were about logic (in solving puzzles) and spirituality (in immersing yourself in this ficional world).

as for the puzzles, you'd be surprised. I thought that the gimmick would run old fast, but man do these people think outside the box. like, I have literally no idea as to what the solution of many of these are, and I'm lead to believe that you're meant to deduce it from the environment. which is NOT clearly explained at all. Is the solution nearby, or on the other side of the island? how would you correlate the two?

this is the one thing that I'm struggling with in the game. I understand that the point of it all is to just wander about solving what puzzles you can solve, and leaving the tougher ones to a later stage. still, the pacing is unintuitive (which I strongly believe is purposeful). for example, there are symbols sometimes on the grid that mean the rules under which the puzzle should be solved. one such case is white and black dots: you need to isolate the white from the black in order for the solution to be valid.

yet as you walk from a location to another you will suddenly face puzzles with symbols you don't recognize. now there are tutorial segments in the game to guide you through new rulesets, but one of these is literally on the other side of the island, far far away from the point where you started. i didnt know if this was the case or if i had to decipher the symbols - and i tried to do that, failed. it was a little bit frustrating.

maybe though i just wasn't mindful of how the game plays out. a lot of these games can only be played if you start "thinking like the game", and that takes time.

either way, it's really cool

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - CableAHVB - 04-13-2016

Are you nerds Horde or Alliance?  I just transferred over to Stormrage because they had a bunch of guilds actively still doing HFC Heroic, so I've been doing that, gearing up for Mythic on my Resto Shaman.

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - Inseln - 04-13-2016

Hi I'm Hordeside, and the guild I run needs healers and ranged DPS. We're 13/13H and 5/13M. Also go look at the guild website that one of my officer built.

Also the realm we're on (WRA) is hilarious because it's one of the most popular RPing realms so the AH is hilariously skewed. PvE shit sells for like 10x what it should, and transmog gear goes for near gold cap for the right pieces.

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - risbolla - 04-13-2016

how can ppl play 1 game for years wtf

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - grue - 04-13-2016

not everyone is polygamerous

This is so suddenly funist against those who aren't polygamerous

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - risbolla - 04-13-2016

fair point but ur having fun in the wrong wayj ust fyi

Shh we don't question the wow addicts. It makes us get all existential up in this bitch and that's so wrong. Who wants to question $15/moth for 9 years.

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - CableAHVB - 04-14-2016

(04-13-2016, 11:15 PM)Inseln Wrote: Hi I'm Hordeside, and the guild I run needs healers and ranged DPS. We're 13/13H and 5/13M. Also go look at the guild website that one of my officer built.

Also the realm we're on (WRA) is hilarious because it's one of the most popular RPing realms so the AH is hilariously skewed. PvE shit sells for like 10x what it should, and transmog gear goes for near gold cap for the right pieces.

Eh, my Shaman is only 702 as it is, I don't think you guys would want it.

edit: lol according to the website, every single class is "low need"
also, what're your guys' raid times even?

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - GILLIGAN - 04-14-2016

I'm playing Diablo 2, with the expansion.

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - Tyler_Legrand - 04-14-2016

I'm trying a free trial of WoW

Spent most of my time on the pets

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - Gorilla Tits - 04-14-2016

I'm playing dark souls 3, hearthstone and clash royale. DS3 has been cool, I'm trying a dexy kinda build I guess? Don't really know where I'm going with it. I'm using a mail breaker. I might invade some noobs soon, thatd be fun. I'm only a couple hours in, second bonfire past the hometown area.

RE: First Inaugural 'What Are You Playing This Month' thread - Inseln - 04-14-2016

(04-14-2016, 12:09 AM)CableAHVB Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 11:15 PM)Inseln Wrote: Hi I'm Hordeside, and the guild I run needs healers and ranged DPS. We're 13/13H and 5/13M. Also go look at the guild website that one of my officer built.

Eh, my Shaman is only 702 as it is, I don't think you guys would want it.

edit: lol according to the website, every single class is "low need"
also, what're your guys' raid times even?

Yeeeaaaaah. I'm about to prune some fucking cancer so we're gonna have some spots soon. We're making some changes. Failing everything should btag me (Allowyn#1380) cause I do a bunch of runs all the time and you should totes come along. :D

Also 6:30pm -10pm Wed, 6:30pm - 10:30pm Sun