The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Constant MYALERTS_PLUGIN_PATH already defined - Line: 18 - File: inc/plugins/myalerts.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
[PHP] errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/myalerts.php 18 define
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 235 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key " unreadAlerts " - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/myalerts.php(589) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/myalerts.php(589) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/myalerts.php 589 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 myalerts_global_start
/global.php 100 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined variable $announcements - Line: 44 - File: inc/plugins/bam.php(376) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/bam.php(376) : eval()'d code 44 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/plugins/bam.php 376 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 bam_announcements
/global.php 100 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 38 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error_callback
/global.php 961 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1492 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1492 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1638 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 203 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1503 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1503 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1508 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1508 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1585 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1585 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1589 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1589 errorHandler->error_callback

The Spame Forum Experience
enter the gungeon - Printable Version

+- The Spame Forum Experience (https://forums.spamerica.net)
+-- Forum: Non Bird-Related Discussion (https://forums.spamerica.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Video Games & other Media (https://forums.spamerica.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: enter the gungeon (/showthread.php?tid=43)

enter the gungeon - Ben - 04-12-2016

im gonna make a specific thread for this game bc its a new and ongoing thing

so it reminds me most of rogue legacy, except more top down than sidescroller. its a bullet hell game where you dodge shit. when you enter a room, you clear it before it opens back up. if you die, you more or less start over. its super snappy and plays well

i usually play as the hunter because her bow is sick and she has a corgi. the marine is also nice because im an idiot and need the extra hit. later hoarding keys is effective and grue made a good point of using the pilot because he can forego the lock opening

so far, i can make it to the second floor reliably 50% of the time. it worries me that the gun selection is very rng-reliant because if you get a good one the boss fights get easy. the one time ive made it to the 2nd floor boss (that is, cleared every other room first because thats the way 2 play) i beat it. ive only seen one 2nd floor boss, is what i mean.

i think the twins are the worst 1st floor bosses. i think theyre supposed to be cheesy but i keep making stupid dodges and hitting them. or they lunge into me. i think the bullet king is easiest

im as far as, i got the first npc and am at step 2 of the second npc now

RE: enter the gungeon - Relaps - 04-12-2016

i like the look of the game but i'm shit-ass at bullet hells

RE: enter the gungeon - Tempest - 04-12-2016

i've been playing a lot and i like it, though i find myself losing a lot because i get super careless. i like the pilot, though i can honestly say that out of the probably 8-9 times i've tried to pick a lock, it's worked a singular time.

i've mostly been playing the marine, not just for the extra hit but because his default gun feels the strongest to me. the pilot's default gun is butts, it has such a wild spread of bullets when you fire it.

what is the coolest gun you've found? i got a vertebraek-47 which fires these huge bullets that are attached to each other by chains and seem to very lightly home in on on enemies, and i also found the greatest gun ever created... the colt single action army.

RE: enter the gungeon - grue - 04-12-2016

I pirated the game and played it through until I unlocked the elevator to level 2, and now I'm restarting because I bought the game. i had 10hours into my pirate savefile and oddly enough it migrated to steam lol - but i deleted it, i dont want any future issues.

The thing that I love about the game - other than the very responsive mechanics and addictive gameplay - is that the characters are all very well balanced imo. Pilot is the most difficult one because his laser weapon is literally trash, but his lockpicking is so fucking useful it pays up nicely. Convict is a nono for me, but that's because I keep forgetting how overpowered that molotov cocktail is.

I still think that the level 2 bosses are easier than the level 1 bosses. The reason is, I think, that by level two the chances of carrying a decent weapon are so much higher, whereas it's easy at level one to find yourself in a bad gun situation. Still, the toughest boss for me right now is Bullet King, because I keep letting myself be trapped by his combo (red bullet scatter + aoe). Both the bullet bros and the gattling gull (GG) are ezpz if you learn to keep your distance.

with GG I even once or twice managed to lock him into a melle loop: you circle him round while firing, and every turn you kinda step closer so you trigger his melee attack, then step back out so you dont get hit. if you do it right, he won't trigger any other of his attacks, and you can ace him.

speaking of acing, ive aced level 1 a couple of times already, so im getting the hang of things. too bad none of that is on my steam record.

Edit: The coolest gun so far was a gun bought in the overworld store, a green laser thing that wrecks every face good lord

RE: enter the gungeon - Ben - 04-12-2016

oh, my favorite gun was either the helix gun (it shoots out two arcs that separate and come together and you can focus an enemy on the nodes) or, keepin it simple, the triple crossbow. it rules

uhhh i found a thing maybe spoilers??

RE: enter the gungeon - Spastic - 04-12-2016

not as good as binding of isaac and controls on ps4 could be better but overall solid

RE: enter the gungeon - retardfag - 04-12-2016

I DONT CARE

fuck yeah fuck you gorgun i win.

RE: enter the gungeon - grue - 04-12-2016

nice

I was this close like two times

RE: enter the gungeon - Tempest - 04-13-2016

the shock gun (the one that looks like a duracell battery in my screenshot) is insane, it basically won me the fight before i could get hit. also, the gorgun is probably the easiest boss in the game so far for me.

RE: enter the gungeon - Tempest - 04-13-2016

now the ammoconda, there's a real fuckin' shitter.