Login Register

Otherwise Disgusting Foods (ODF)
Review 
So I'm eating yoghurt and I'm very conscious about how disgusting yoghurt is, when you think about it. It's spoiled milk. If you eat fresh yoghurt it's all lumpy and weird. I'm eating rotten milk from bovine tit and it should gross me out, but it doesn't.

I claim that yoghurt is an ODF. Were I a complete foreigner that just landed here and someone gave me this shit, I'd probably react very badly to it.

I guess cheese would be an ODF aswell, under the same token.

What are some other ODFs that you eat?
[Image: 4761558c1f.png]
Care 
eat lutefisk once,,,,,but its just digusting no matter how u look on it
[-] The following 1 user Likes risbolla Moderator's post:
  • GeorgeBubbinzInSpace
Care 
so u fish alot of cod right nd u cant eat it all so what do u do ?? u dont freeze it cos u live in the middle ages so instead u dry it,,,,,,,well u fish like a ton of cod so even if u dry it go bad
Care 
what u gonna do with this stinky dry fish that is so old its inedible ?? u live in the middle ages so ur gonna starve to death,,,,,,unless !! aha u let it soak in lye for awhile
Care 
congrats middle ages person u have inveted the worlds largest pile of snot !!! bon apetit,,,,,,lets keep ruining fresh fish for 100s of years even after we get refrigerators
[-] The following 4 users Like risbolla Moderator's post:
  • csp, GeorgeBubbinzInSpace, Gorilla Tits Good Egg, grue Moderator
Care 
I don't really know what 'otherwise' means here. I guess you mean I should think it's gross but I like it anyway?

The only food I've had that really makes me just want to punch it is pork n beans. fuck that shit. Otherwise I'm not really picky at all and I'll try anything. Picky people piss me the fuck off and I don't understand them. I've noticed all the picky people I know are generally self-involved for some reason and also incredibly immature. I mean...what's the worst thing that can come from taking a bite of something you've never had before? Are you going to throw up? Are you really THAT big of a puss? The worst that can happen is you just won't like it. Why are you afraid of broccoli?

One thing that always kind of weirded me out was how comfortable I am with raw meat despite it probably coming from horrible circumstances. It sort of makes me think less of myself. But god damn. Meat.
The one and only king of cums.
Care 
I really enjoy risbollas fish-related rants. It's the only time I can tell he is genuinely upset inside.
Care 
(04-25-2016, 12:27 AM)GeorgeBubbinz Wrote: I don't really know what 'otherwise' means here. I guess you mean I should think it's gross but I like it anyway?

The only food I've had that really makes me just want to punch it is pork n beans. fuck that shit. Otherwise I'm not really picky at all and I'll try anything. Picky people piss me the fuck off and I don't understand them. I've noticed all the picky people I know are generally self-involved for some reason and also incredibly immature. I mean...what's the worst thing that can come from taking a bite of something you've never had before? Are you going to throw up? Are you really THAT big of a puss? The worst that can happen is you just won't like it. Why are you afraid of broccoli?

One thing that always kind of weirded me out was how comfortable I am with raw meat despite it probably coming from horrible circumstances. It sort of makes me think less of myself. But god damn. Meat.

"Otherwise" as in you love it, or you'd think it's disgusting otherwise

but this can be a gross food general thread, go at it
Care 
I can think of three traditional portuguese dishes that are delicious and literally made with blood

chicken blood (Cabidela)
pork blood (Sarrabulho)
lamprey blood (Lampreia)

The latter is delicious but absolutely disgusting. Not many people pull it off, it's a hard dissh to cook. My mother makes it once a year and I eat it but it takes mental discipline to switch off the fact that you're literally eating blood.
Care 
Yeah that's the kind of shit that makes me question why I'm still eating it. Usually animal products. I mean I've never had any of those but I can relate to the feeling every time I squish my hands in some raw meat. I hear blood sausage is a love/hate sort of thing. I'd love to try it sometime even though I watched an episode of one of Anthony B...Bourdain's(?) shows and it made me sad how they did it and it sounds totally grody.

I just don't find myself questioning how a lot of food gets to my fridge a lot of the time, so I'm having trouble thinking of something. I suspect a lot of americans don't, as opposed to a lot of asian countries where it seems shit is just kind of slaughtered or prepared in full view? Maybe portugal is similar. I feel like america doesn't have a close relationship with their food like that at all. Someone else raises, kills, butchers the animal, then it's sent hundreds of miles away in a refrigerated truck or something. God damn we are spoiled cowardly brats.
Care 
I don't eat any of the blood dishes if i'm not sure of the source - which is why I rarely eat the pork one. I have family members that raise chickens though still the dish is incredibly rare.

As for the lamprey, it's necessarily fished from the wild so it's fine. I don't know if it's possible to raise lampreys in fish nurseries or even if it's worth it, but I always ate those coming from the river.

I have the privilege (?) of eating farm animals so it's not much of a qualm for me, origin-wise.
Care 
lampreys are absolutely disgusting animals btw

[Image: lamprey3.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes grue Moderator's post:
  • GeorgeBubbinzInSpace
Care 
blood foods are hella good i have gone shopping in sweden for blood puddings n sausage cos it cost a premium in norway for some reason,,,,,rly good food nothing digusting about it
Care 
I regularly go to the icelandic Þorrablót every year and I can tell you man they have some fucking w e i r d food but hey culture is culture man

the last one I went to I could drink (rip alcohol) and one of the traditions before the event started is to take a bit of hákarl (fermented shark) then immediately wash it down with a shot of brennivín (strong unflavored schnapps. The shark was actually not that bad, this was the first time doing it since the stench itself is horrifying. They also had sheeps testicles, headcheese and head of lamb which was all incredibly mediocre and bad.

The best is the smoked lamb, white gravy with peas hell yes beats fucking everything
Care 
i can't eat anything weird bc i have horrible texture issues w food. i eat taco bell tho and that's pretty gross
[Image: NSiuXpT.jpg]