[Image: Kq6todc.jpg]
Care 
hold the door!
Care 
apparently there was a leak haha getting on that
Care 
[Image: JOHNNOOOOOO.gif]
Care 
lmao what was that star wars pew pew shit between the children of the forest and the white walkers
Care 
ACORN HAND GRENADES
Care 
As soon as I heard about the episode leak I had to download straight away before I ran into spoilers
Care 
fuckin saddest episode man
Care 
so I just watched ep 4 because my friend has been pestering me to watch ep 5 which I will do in a moment but let me just say this

daenerys burning the khals in the holy city of vaes dothrak where - AS IT WAS REPEATEDLY STATED - it is FORBIDDEN TO SHED BLOOD and that SOMEHOW causes everyone to kneel at her white foreign fucking feet is the stupidest fucking plot development I have ever fucking seen holy mother of horseshit
[Image: iPJsc4U.png]
Care 
Technically she didn't shed blood
Care 
well that explains it!
Care 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH wow

this episode is a 9.9 on imdb

lmfao
[-] The following 1 user Likes grue Moderator's post:
  • Delirious Biznasty Good Egg
Care 
ok so ive been looking into it because the whole episode was ridiculous from start to finish, i thought i was missing something, but maybe not, anyway here's my thoughts, jumbling ep 4 and 5 because i watched both in a sitting:

- it's good that arya finally has some plot development. really it is. i was tired of seeing her getting beaten for nothing to happen. her dialogue with jaqen was... jarring. it's not natural. it sounds too rehearsed, and i can't enjoy it. i don't expect the showrunners to explore the implications of the conflict between her identity as a stark vs being a faceless ninja, but at least so far that course is being ran

- FINALLY political manneuvers. holy shit that took us long enough. the high sparrow (BRILLIANT acting btw) is manipulating those nobles something fierce. his endgoal still seems to be nothing but marge visiting her brother kinda leaves me speculating that maybe he's looking into joffrey's death and using loras' homosexuality as an excuse? we'll see. though king's landing is a deadend of a plot (really what the hell is happening, there's a kingdom to be run you guys, how isn't king's landing exploding in civil war), i kinda enjoy the lannister dynamics? it's nothing great but it's passable considering everything else in the show

- MEREEN. FUCKING MEREEN. this is the stupidest plotline in the show now that they silenced Dorne (good riddance). Tyrion Sue is the most implausible character I have ever seen. everything is wrong. nothing makes sense. why is he so perfect? also dany's ascent to power with the dothraki completely retconned everything the show has established about the dothraki. I could see the poor and gullible kneeling before a woman who just walked out of a fire... but this? thousands of them? the families of the dead khal, their bloodriders, do they have nothing to say about this? and I can't help but feel like the whole thin is racist as fuck. all hail dany, queen of the browns.
I was glad for a moment though that finally jorah was gonna kill himself but nope. more episodes of jorah the friendzoned, brooding
did I mention that the mereeneese politics are fucking stupid? if you hold any minor point up to scrutiny everything falls apart. i don't even know where to begin

- WINTERFELL. so, uhm, are we ever going to find out where rickon was hiding all this time? are we supposed to believe they were with the umbers? I won't beef too much with this plotline because the whole thing stinks of a subversivve plot, but that was kinda washed with osha's death, so i can't tell exactly where this is going tbh

-LITTLEFINGER. now let's try and recap LF's plan
1. help plan a regicide to kidnap sansa stark
2. send sansa to the vale where she is safe
3. take sansa out of the vale and marry her to a known torturer
4. use that as leverage with sweetrobin to convince him to go to war vss the north i guess???
5. but wait before she's properly raped and tortured by her husband and manages to escape winterfell maybe??????
6. uhm?????????
in one episode he's telling royce and sweetrobin that he has spies on winterfell. in the next he is telling sansa he had no idea ramsay was a monster. way back when he told sansa to marry ramsay in her own fucking castle as a political move to take back the north. in this episode he is telling sansa that he knows where brynden is and that he has an army. for her to take back winterfell with. also there's the army from the Vale.
question:
why not just leave her with brynden in the first place?

- THE WALL... oh man, the wall. sooo jon snow ordered four people dead for his own murder. regardless of the fact that every nightswatchman except edd & jon's dead body guards agreed that thorne was right. whatever. then, jon makes a point of not being lord commander anymore. or in the night's watch, even. so... under what authority did he hang those men?
it's nice that there was makeup at the wall, sansa needed that bit of frehening up
but really not being ironic here sansa's reunion, excepting her makeover, was nice to watch. it was nice to see that she can fucking smile. and she's taking control, which is also nice.
still, davos' behaviour is completely baffling. NOW he remembered asking about stannis and shireen? holy shit. finally, i guess! suddenly brienne of every role casually walks in and proudly announced that she executed a king, which speaks volumes for her sense of honor and duty but who cares.
so Brienne is going to ride aaaaaallll the way across the north to Riverrun. should anyone be worried? what about the time that will take, it's a long ucking way.
I guess she'll just use Litllefinger's magic teleportation skills. lmfao should i be surprised that d&d don't give a flying fuck about realism anymore? though it's true that Brienne maybe won't need LF's teleport device, because she also has a knack for showing up at exactly the right place, at exactly the right time
thurmundxbrienne was hilarious i have to admit

- THE IRON ISLANDS are stupid. sorry. just stupid. where did theon get a boat lol? also wow, asha really lost that kingsmoot didn't she? yp, that she did. still has enough followers to man a fucking fleet! hahahahahaha that was good. also apparently, kinslaying is ok among the ironborn! also, are you an entire fleet too short? just cut down MORE TREES! a thousand boats incoming! woooooo!

- HODOR's story was stupid. yeah yeah I know GRRM confirmed it. but I trust, or hope, that d&d got it wrong. the fight at BR's crib wa simply retarded, that plotline was retarded, everything is stupid and i hate myself for watching this
[-] The following 1 user Likes grue Moderator's post:
  • Delirious Biznasty Good Egg
Care 
[Image: Kq6todc.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Tempest Moderator's post:
  • Delirious Biznasty Good Egg, grue Moderator, Relaps
Care 
(05-24-2016, 09:02 AM)grue Wrote: ok so ive been looking into it because the whole episode was ridiculous from start to finish, i thought i was missing something, but maybe not, anyway here's my thoughts, jumbling ep 4 and 5 because i watched both in a sitting:

- it's good that arya finally has some plot development. really it is. i was tired of seeing her getting beaten for nothing to happen. her dialogue with jaqen was... jarring. it's not natural. it sounds too rehearsed, and i can't enjoy it. i don't expect the showrunners to explore the implications of the conflict between her identity as a stark vs being a faceless ninja, but at least so far that course is being ran

- FINALLY political manneuvers. holy shit that took us long enough. the high sparrow (BRILLIANT acting btw) is manipulating those nobles something fierce. his endgoal still seems to be nothing but marge visiting her brother kinda leaves me speculating that maybe he's looking into joffrey's death and using loras' homosexuality as an excuse? we'll see. though king's landing is a deadend of a plot (really what the hell is happening, there's a kingdom to be run you guys, how isn't king's landing exploding in civil war), i kinda enjoy the lannister dynamics? it's nothing great but it's passable considering everything else in the show

- MEREEN. FUCKING MEREEN. this is the stupidest plotline in the show now that they silenced Dorne (good riddance). Tyrion Sue is the most implausible character I have ever seen. everything is wrong. nothing makes sense. why is he so perfect? also dany's ascent to power with the dothraki completely retconned everything the show has established about the dothraki. I could see the poor and gullible kneeling before a woman who just walked out of a fire... but this? thousands of them? the families of the dead khal, their bloodriders, do they have nothing to say about this? and I can't help but feel like the whole thin is racist as fuck. all hail dany, queen of the browns.
I was glad for a moment though that finally jorah was gonna kill himself but nope. more episodes of jorah the friendzoned, brooding
did I mention that the mereeneese politics are fucking stupid? if you hold any minor point up to scrutiny everything falls apart. i don't even know where to begin

- WINTERFELL. so, uhm, are we ever going to find out where rickon was hiding all this time? are we supposed to believe they were with the umbers? I won't beef too much with this plotline because the whole thing stinks of a subversivve plot, but that was kinda washed with osha's death, so i can't tell exactly where this is going tbh

-LITTLEFINGER. now let's try and recap LF's plan
1. help plan a regicide to kidnap sansa stark
2. send sansa to the vale where she is safe
3. take sansa out of the vale and marry her to a known torturer
4. use that as leverage with sweetrobin to convince him to go to war vss the north i guess???
5. but wait before she's properly raped and tortured by her husband and manages to escape winterfell maybe??????
6. uhm?????????
in one episode he's telling royce and sweetrobin that he has spies on winterfell. in the next he is telling sansa he had no idea ramsay was a monster. way back when he told sansa to marry ramsay in her own fucking castle as a political move to take back the north. in this episode he is telling sansa that he knows where brynden is and that he has an army. for her to take back winterfell with. also there's the army from the Vale.
question:
why not just leave her with brynden in the first place?

- THE WALL... oh man, the wall. sooo jon snow ordered four people dead for his own murder. regardless of the fact that every nightswatchman except edd & jon's dead body guards agreed that thorne was right. whatever. then, jon makes a point of not being lord commander anymore. or in the night's watch, even. so... under what authority did he hang those men?
it's nice that there was makeup at the wall, sansa needed that bit of frehening up
but really not being ironic here sansa's reunion, excepting her makeover, was nice to watch. it was nice to see that she can fucking smile. and she's taking control, which is also nice.
still, davos' behaviour is completely baffling. NOW he remembered asking about stannis and shireen? holy shit. finally, i guess! suddenly brienne of every role casually walks in and proudly announced that she executed a king, which speaks volumes for her sense of honor and duty but who cares.
so Brienne is going to ride aaaaaallll the way across the north to Riverrun. should anyone be worried? what about the time that will take, it's a long ucking way.
I guess she'll just use Litllefinger's magic teleportation skills. lmfao should i be surprised that d&d don't give a flying fuck about realism anymore? though it's true that Brienne maybe won't need LF's teleport device, because she also has a knack for showing up at exactly the right place, at exactly the right time
thurmundxbrienne was hilarious i have to admit

- THE IRON ISLANDS are stupid. sorry. just stupid. where did theon get a boat lol? also wow, asha really lost that kingsmoot didn't she? yp, that she did. still has enough followers to man a fucking fleet! hahahahahaha that was good. also apparently, kinslaying is ok among the ironborn! also, are you an entire fleet too short? just cut down MORE TREES! a thousand boats incoming! woooooo!

- HODOR's story was stupid. yeah yeah I know GRRM confirmed it. but I trust, or hope, that d&d got it wrong. the fight at BR's crib wa simply retarded, that plotline was retarded, everything is stupid and i hate myself for watching this

The thing that frustrated me the MOST was they underestimate how long things take. First of all, an ENTIRE fleet? How fucking large is the iron isle? Because I don't care how many men or wood you may have constructing ONE ship let alone a fucking FLEET takes a very, very long time.

Same with walking but hey plot convience has to exist because without it they would have to think and write properly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Delirious Biznasty Good Egg's post:
  • grue Moderator